Background

Thursday, December 30

What Do You Look For In a Review?

I ask this for a very simple reason. I want to make my reviews better but I did not really know what anyone else looked for in a review. Personally I like to have the summary that is on the book because it gives an unbiased look at the book. Then I like the review so that I can see if what was published was anything like what had been promised to the readers. I would like to know what you like to see when you read reviews that make you stop and think, "Wow! That was a great review."

I would like to thank everyone who gives me suggestions in advance because they will go a long way in helping my blog become all that it call be. Also I hope that me thanking you in advance will make you feel the need to give me the advice. It is what my mother does whenever she "asks" me to do anything. And for those of you who wonder about the quotation marks around asks that is because if I say no to my mom she just turns around and tells me to do it. I just happen to like to pretend that I have a choice in the matter. However before anyone thinks I am demanding that you do it, you don't have to. I would just be eternally grateful if you did.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the summary. I know some people don't like them, but I like having them there. I like knowing if a book ends on a cliffhanger. I also like knowing what you liked and didn't like about the characters and plot.

    Hope that helps. I'm very curious about this question as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Small Review -Thank you. I did find it helpful. And I like to know about any favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response