Background

Friday, December 31

InuYasha Vol. 3~ Rumilo Takahashi


Enjoyment: ☺☺☺☼

Plot: ☺☺☺

Characters: ☺☺☺☼

Setting: ☺☺☺☼

Overall: ☺☺☺

Kagome is a modern Japanese high school girl. Never the type to believe in myths and legends, her world view dramatically changes when, one day, she's pulled out of her own time and into another! There, in Japan's ancient past, Kagome discovers more than a few of those dusty old legends are true, and that her destiny is linked to one legendary creature in particular--the dog like half-demon called Inuyasha! That same trick of fate also ties them both to the Shikon Jewel, or " Jewel of Four Souls". But demons beware... the smallest shard of the Shikon Jewel can give the user unimaginable power.

Good Intentions

Inu-Yasha has a new weapon to aid him as he and Kagome fight to reclaim the Shikon Jewel--his demon-father's great sword Tetsusaiga, or "Steel-Cleaving Fang." But the Tetsusaiga has an odd quirk for a demonic weapon--it can only be wielded in defense of humanity, a feature which becomes useful when Inu-Yasha and Kagome come across a princess in need of rescue . . .

~*~*~*~*~*~

It was on this book that I decided that reading the book was way to slow for me and I stopped putting them on hold. Don't get me wrong I liked the books, the problem is that I had to read three books for one episode of anime. Save time, read more. And I do have to read. Some of those episodes I only found in Japanese and I don't know Japanese, yet. I hope thinking about getting a minor in Japanese. Yet luckily for me they do have dubbed and subbed. Dubbed is where they have a English voice over. Subbed is where they have it in Japanese but there are English subtitles on the bottom. I like them both depending on my mood. It is funny but when I was younger I always that it was weird how in Asian shows the mouths did not match the words. Now I realize how it is because it was not meant to be matching the English words. Funny how much entertainment I got from that.

Plot. This is a continuation of the second volume. I really liked this one. In fact out of the three that I read I have to say that this one was my favorite. There is a scene where they are getting the sword and I laugh everytime I read it. And I read it more than once.

Favorite character has to be Sesshoumaru. He is a-MAZ-zing. That and he has a moko-mokosama. Read the first two book because I can't really say much without giving away the plot. Beware of cliffhangers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response