Background

Friday, December 31

The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore


Enjoyment: ☺☺☺☺☼

Plot: ☺☺☺☼

Characters: ☺☺☺☺☼

Setting: ☺☺☺☺

Overall: ☺☺☺☺

Title: The Spendor Falls
Author(s): Rosemary Clement-Moore
Publication: Delacorte Press (2009)
Pages: Hardcover- 513
Series: Not that I know of
ISBN 978-0-385-73690-9
I got this book from Random Buzzers using their awesome Buzz Bucks feature.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sylvie Davis is a ballerina who can't dance. A broken leg ended her career--but Sylvie's pain runs deeper. What broke her heart was her father's death, and what's breaking her spirit is her mother's remarriage.

Uprooting her from their Manhattan apartment and shipping her off to Alabama is her mother's solution for Sylvie's unhappiness. Her father's cousin is restoring a family home in a town rich with her family's history. And that's where things start to get shady. As it turns out, the Davises have a richer history than Sylvie ever imagined. More unnerving, though, are the two guys she can't stop thinking about. Shawn Maddox, the resident golden boy, seems perfect in every was. But Rhys, a handsome, mysterious foreign guest of her cousin's, has a hold on Sylvie that she doesn't quite understand.

Then Sylvie's starts seeing things. A girl by the lake. A man peering into the window. And a graveyard with an oddly placed headstone. Sylvie's lost nearly everything--is she starting to lose her mind as well?

~*~*~*~*~*~

I loved this book.

Let's start with the fact that I for some reason love reading books that are set in the South because I love imagining their accents. Now let me move on to the fact that it had to be the most realistic portrayal of a southern town ever. The plot was a lot about how Sylvie moves to Alabama from New York and how every body in town already has expectations for her.

My favorite characters were Sylvie and Rhys. They were awesome. Sylvie because when you read a book from someones point of view you will either hate them or love them. And Rhys because, lets face it, when I or anyone read that book we imagined a really hot English guy. And people like hot people. This book is really long but so worth it. Beware though for some parts can be slightly hard to get through but it is worth it to read through them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response