Background

Friday, December 31

Claire de Lune~ Christine Johnson


Enjoyment: ☺☺☼

Plot: ☺☺☼

Characters: ☺☺☼

Setting: ☺☺☼

Overall: ☺☺☼

Torn Between Two Destinies

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and her crush keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy. She's a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she finds her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart. Burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, she will be forced to make a choice that will change her life forever. . . .

~*~*~*~*~*~

This book was very disappointing for me on many levels. In the beginning when she is at the pool party the only reason she is having a pool party is because . . . I have no idea. She knows no one at the party. How is that a perfect sixteenth birthday.

Claire was just one big disappointment. When she finds out she is a werewolf her way of getting away from being a werewolf is to continually practice being a werewolf. How does that make sense? When she hangs out with the guy she likes all she thinks about is how she is a monster and how it is her fault that werewolves are seen in a bad light. I really dislike when people in a certain group start to think everything is their fault. It almost is the same as saying that you control everyone because you forced them to do what they did. Just really annoying also. Especially if the main characters can not go for one page without going on and on how they are such monsters and this or that is all their fault. It was a good read but my expectations were too high.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response