Background

Wednesday, December 29

Soul Enchilada~ David Macinnis Gill Review


Enjoyment: ☼

Plot: ☺

Characters: ☼

Setting: ☼

Overall: ☼



Girl meets boy at car wash.

"Dog," she says.

"Dude," he says.

And probably this would have been a sweet teen romance. . .

If Beals hadn't been sitting next to her in the car.

If Beals hadn't been a supernatural repo man looking to repossess her car.

And to possess her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I have to say that the summary on the inside flap of this book was not up to muster. At all. It tells almost close to nothing about what happens through the book. So I will tell you my confusing version. It starts with the girl, whom I can't remember her the name to, complaining about not wanting to be late for work. Yet when a coyote does its business on her car she drops everything to wash her car. She spends the whole time to the car wash going on about how she is the only person in the whole of whatever state she lives in that can do her job. By the way she is a pizza delivery girl who breaks all of the rules of the road to get your pizza to you. This would be fine if it was not for her vocabulary. I am not a very big fan of bad grammar and I am sorry to say that this book could kill an English teacher. Which makes the fact that this book was written by a teacher so ironic.

Bug has the attitude of a career convict and her English is atrocious. The whole book could have been over and done with if she just gave her car up, I think, but she would not do it. I am now a little blurry on the plot of the book but I remember that to me it was not the best of books. I also felt that the romance between her and the boy was elementary and not a good read.

My favorite character in the entire book has to be the boy. But it seems that like always just when you need to find something the answer is nowhere.

I am sorry but I have tried so hard to erase this book from my memory that I have succeeded very well in my endeavor. However, I have found that most people that have read this book like it so what do I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response