Background

Sunday, October 10

A Kiss In Time~ Alex Flinn Review


Enjoyment: ☺☺☺☺☼

Plot: ☺☺☺☺

Characters: ☺☺☺☼

Setting: ☺☺☺☺

Overall: ☺☺☺☺

Talia fell under a spell . . .
Jack broke the curse . . .

I was told to  beware the accursed spindle, but is was so enchanting, so hypnotic . . .

I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.

I was awakened in the same place but in another time-to a stranger's soft lips.

I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!

Now I am stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels . . . The good news: My parents will freak!

Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all-even time?

I have an abnormal obsession with princes remakes. I love reading them and I can not stop myself from doing it even though the story is the same every time. On the contrary though A Kiss in Time is very different than the normal Sleeping Beauty story. I loved how it had Talia in the modern world instead of only basing it is her time. In fact I have to admit that that reason alone I doubly could not put it back on the shelf.

Almost all of the characters have more than one dimension. Even the most unimportant character had at least two. I really liked that because even though that particular character was not as important as Talia or Jack at least they were given more thought to them than just a name. Speaking of name, I will admit that some of the names in her I am still unsure if I was pronouncing them right. I can't really complain though because she was nice enough to name one of the main characters Jack and that has to be as easy as they come. Also it is a good thing that Euphrasia is not a word that I will have to say aloud anytime soon. You would think that it would be an easy word sense it looks like Europe and Russia and Asia combined into one country. Nope, that word just does not roll of the tongue in my mind at all.

I also liked how instead of just saying, "And they lived happily ever after," we see how they lived a little more in depth. This book is not your average Sleeping Beauty novel and because of the variation I really liked this version.

Some things I did not like:

1. How the author sometimes repeats a sentence to emphasize it. I felt that the second time made the sentence less important and a little annoying.

2. How Jack never believed anything Talia said. There were points when I wanted to just grab him by the shoulders and shake him.

3. How Talia did not take Jack by his shoulders and shake him. How that boy can believe that an entire country can sleep for 300 years and not age but not that a witch is using magic to visit the 316 year old princess is beyond me.

The best part about this book is that is is hilarious. Some of what I thought was funny could have only been me but I found myself laughing even at the most serious parts of the book. I will give you a clue: game shows. Good Luck figuring that out.

On that note I thought that this was a very good read and it is now on my top ten favorite reads. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response