Background

Wednesday, October 6

First Kisses: The Boyfriend Trick~ Stephie Davis Review


Enjoyment: ☺☺☺

Plot: ☺☺☺

Characters: ☺☺☺

Setting: ☺☺☺

Overall: ☺☺☺

Nothing compares
to a first kiss . . .

Naturally, I don't want to attend the semi formal with a pity date, which is why I told my friends I have a boyfriend: this really cute drummer, Rafe. (I wish!) What's the big deal? Well, Rafe already has a girlfriend, plus now he thinks I have a boyfriend. So I have TWO imaginary boyfriends, and still NO date for the dance. What was I even thinking?

Would a guy like Rafe EVER date a nobody like me?

This book did not exceed or disappoint my expectations. Why? Because it was more or less a fluff piece. I have nothing against the fluff. They are amazing for when you finish a really heavy, thought provoking book or just when you are feeling down. While it has all of the drama of any other book the complications are more funny and cute than end of the world problems. It was perfect for the rain threatening day that I just had. Of course now it is starting to become sunny but that is besides the point.

When I read about Lily and her problems with her friends you feel bad. Especially when she starts to fear that they will dump her because she spends so much time at home practicing on the piano. Yet when you hear her way out of the situation I could not help laughing a little because it is so obvious how it will turn out. I knew what would happen in the end but that is the beauty of fluff books. You are not meant to be in suspense on what will happen, the secret is how they get to the ultimate cliche.

While this is the first book that I have read in the series it most certainly is not the first or the last. Even though the other books are written by other authors I am sure that the other books are just as good as this one. However no matter how good fluff is I doubt I would be able to read fluff all the time because sometimes I really do need full scale novels and all of the drama and conflict that comes with it. Personally that is the only place I can stand drama, in a well-written book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response