Background

Tuesday, October 5

Hearts a Stake~ Alyxandra Harvey Review


Enjoyment: ☺☺☺☺☼

Plot: ☺☺☺☺

Characters: ☺☺☺☺☺

Setting: ☺☺☺☼

Overall: ☺☺☺☺☼

A romance you can really sink your teeth into!

Solange Drake always knew she was destined to become a vampire queen. And as the only female vampire ever born, not made, she is surrounded by danger on all sides-from vampire suitors who want to join with her lineage to bounty hunters who are set on destroying her and her family. When she is kidnapped, it's up to her older brother Nicholas and her human best friend, Lucy, to save her. But can Lucy save herself from Nicholas, who temps her with his every look? And what will be Solange's own fate if she surrenders her heart to the vampire hunter helping her survive the deadly intrigue at royal court?

Let the Drake family be your guide into a secret vampire society full of epic battles, Gothic seduction, undead drama, and wicked humor.

A big reason that I picked up this book was because it was recommended for me on Library Thing and when I went to the library and saw this book I remembered it. As said somewhere else on this site I don't really discriminate when it comes to library books and I ended up bringing it home.

Boy was I glad.

I was hooked to the book. It was interesting and I was extremely surprised at many points with the storyline. The characters really got me interested in the story. When I first read the summary I assumed that the major character would be Solange and than I saw the fact that Lucy would be narrating some chapters. I was slightly disappointed by this but the more I got to know Lucy the more I liked her. Throughout the book the author gives Lucy an more and more narration time and by the end I found that I really liked when Lucy was the speaker. This book made my day in the fact that it had the character who did not have all of the drama happening to as a central character and yet she still had the air of a major character. I really like how she blends the two point of views so seamlessly.

Another reason to be happy is the fact that when I checked out the first book the second book in the series was also at the library and I can read that book ASAP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response