Background

Thursday, October 21

Faerie Wars~ Herbie Brennan Review


Enjoyment: ☺☺

Plot: ☺☺☺

Characters: ☼

Settings: ☺☺☺

Overall: ☺☺☼

When Henry Atherton helps Mr. Fogarty clean up around his house he expects to find a mess and a cranky old man; what he doesn't expect to find is . . .

. . . Pyrgus Malvae, crown prince of the Faerie realm, who has escaped the treacherous Faeries of the Night by traveling to the human world through a portal powered by trapped lightening. An egomanical demon prince, greedy glue factory owners Brimstone and Chalkhill, and the nefarious Lord Hairsteak, leader of the Faeries of the Night, all dream of ruling the Faerie realm and are out to kill Pyrgus. Enlisting the help of his sister, Blue, and his new friend, Henry, Pyrgus must get back to the Faerie world alive before one of his many enemies gets to him instead. But how many portals are open, and can Pyrgus find the right one before it falls into the wrong hands?

I probably seem insane for not liking this book because of all of the amazing praise that has been said about it. I have to say that my dislike for this book began some time around when Henry was first introduced to the book. He came off as stupid and I know for a fact that it was not because he was a guy because there are plenty of books where male characters have a brain. He is just so clueless. And all other negative words that I can think of for him.

I also can not stand Mr. Fogarty. I swear I still do not know what his offense was to be put in jail but I will forever believe that it was for raping a little boy. I am harsh but this is life. I also really disliked how England was represented. From what I read I am forced to believe that every British female is a lesbian because apparently all the girls in school there make out with each other. Lets not forget that Henry is sadly one of the smarter people in the book and as l think that he is one of the dumber people I have read about that is just sad.

On to the writing. I felt from the start that the writer of this book pretty much made a list of some of the worst things that he could think of and crammed it into a book. You have killed kittens, summoned demons, and all manner of grotesque things that you are forced to read through. And if the author thinks that the reader will not feel horrified enough by what he says than he will go on and on about it. Overall this book was not my cup of happiness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response