Background

Friday, October 22

Demon Chick~ Marilyn Kaye Review


Enjoyment: ☺☺☺☺

Plot: ☺☺☺

Characters: ☺☺☺☼

Setting: ☺☺☺☺

Overall: ☺☺☺☼

"So . . . my mother sold me to the devil in exchange for political power. And you are . . .?"

"Brad. Want some music?"

Jessica Hunsucker may not have the warmest relationship with her mother, aspiring presidential candidate Margaret Hunsucker, but it still comes as something of a shock when Jessica discovers that her mother sold her to the devil. Will she have to spend eternity in hell, living in a dreary suburban ranch house with one of Satan's minions, a demon named Brad? Brad takes pains to explain that this is one of hell's better neighborhoods, and he seems like a nice enough guy, but still! And things only get worse when Jessica learns of the full extent of her mother's evil plans. Can she and Brad come up with a plan to save the world?

This and other pressing questions (like, what is there to eat in hell?) and all answered in Marilyn Kaye's delightfully satirical Demon Chick.

I really liked Demon Chick. It was not because it was particularly well written or deep, it was mostly just so awesome to read. I really liked where it went. It started out with Jessica being really embarressed by her mother and I did not really know why. You slowly learn how her mother is evil and neglective. When Brad comes in you can't help but think that he is adorable. I really liked him.

The book is short but extremely original. I would recommend as many people as I could to read it. It is a really cute and interesting love story. I also really liked how Marilyn Kaye portrayed hell because I have never really seen it done the way it is here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response