Background

Friday, April 15

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott


Title: Something, Maybe
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Publication: Simon Pulse (2010)
ISBN 9781416978657
Format: Hardcover ($16.99 US) 217 pages
Acquired: I got this book from the public library.
~*~*~*~*~*~

I wonder what it would be like to
do high school things. To go out
on the weekends. To kiss a guy.
To have a normal life. A real life.

Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showcasing photos of pretty girls and his party lifestyle all over the Internet, and her mom was once one of her dad's girlfriends and is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for way too long, Hannah has mastered the art of staying under the radar . . . and that's just how she likes it.

Of course, that doesn't help her get noticed by her crush. Hannah's sure that gorgeous, sensitive Josh is her soul mate. But trying to get him to notice her; wondering why she suddenly can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn; and dealing with her parents makes Hannah feel like she's going crazy. Yet she's determined to make things work out the way she wants--only what she wants may not be what she needs. . .

~*~*~*~*~*~

I really need to stop waiting so long after I read a book to review it because then I can never really get really in depth for my reviews. Never fear though for I will try. Also I am going for a new review style so I am going to see how that goes.

Hannah's mother was not as embarrassing as she goes on about. Sure she gets paid by pathetic losers to watch her in her room over the Internet. Yes she wears body showing clothing. But the only real reason that it is even really bad is because of the town she lives in. It is conservative so the fact that the ultra liberal Mom and her daughter move there is a bit of a plot device. If I did not include Hannah's mother in the equation than I would have to say that Hannah was so normal it was painful. The action does not really start until Hannah gets an invite to meet her father at his home.

The father is obviously a knock of  of Hugh Hefner. A bad knock off. If you take all of the people on The Girls Next Door and then age them about ten years and make them all bitter and angry then you would have a very good picture of her father and his girlfriends.

Josh was a cliche and I saw what was going to happen with that a mile away. It was pathetic and I could not really bring myself to feel bad about it happening because the signs of it happening could only have been missed by someone trying very hard not to see it. It is a good book if you are looking for a quick read and don't really want much depth. In the end I am not really sure if I can say anything actually happened. Another filler book for the collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response