Background

Saturday, December 4

The Princess and the Bear by Mette Ivie Harrison Review



Enjoyment: ☺☺☺☺☼

Plot: ☺☺☺☺

Characters: ☺☺☺☼

Setting: ☺☺☺☼

Overall: ☺☺☺☺

He was once a king turned into a bear as punishment for his cruel and selfish deeds.

She was once a princess, now living in the form of a hound.

Wary companions, they are sent--in human form--back to a time when magic went terribly astray. Together they must right the wrongs caused by this devastating power--if only they can find a way to trust each other.

But even as each becomes aware of an ever-growing attraction, the stakes are rising and they must find a way to eliminate this evil force--or risk losing each other forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I thought that this book was awesome. The plot was really original. It makes me really wish to read The Princess and the Hound.

I think that I liked Chala (the hound) better than Richon (the bear) though. There are lots of reasons for that. Richon had this obnoxious way of finding everything to be his fault and he was not afraid to go on and on. And on. He even hurt Chala in a wild attempt to keep her safe. Not cool.

However I am happy to say that there were so many things to make up for Richon's not so smart moments.

I adored the setting. It was all old time and stuff and I happen to enjoy that stuff.

The villagers were annoying though. I have to admit that. I know that Richon made the laws but it was the little girl's fault that her mother died. You probably wont understand that until you read it.

So in the end I disliked so of the book but was overall happy with it. In fact by the end of the book I immediately put the book on hold for my library of choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response