Background

Tuesday, January 11

How to Be A Villain: Evil Laughs Secret Lairs Master Plans and More!!! by Neil Zawacki



Title: How To Be A Villain Evil Laughs Secret Lairs Master Plans and More!!!
Author: Neil Zawacki
Illustrations: James Dignan
Publication: Chronicle Books (2003)
ISBN 9780811846660
Format(Price): Hardcover($12.95 US)



"Should I wear black or red?"
"Do I go with winged monkeys or ninja warriors?"
"Just where will I put the evil lair?"

Questions like these trouble any self-respecting villain. Now, for the first time ever, there is a handy guide to resolving these and other quandaries. HOW TO BE A VILLAIN includes:

  • How to Do an Evil Laugh
  • The Evil Henchmen Guide
  • Fashion for the Evil-Doer
  • The Evil Plan Generator
Whatever your evil background or experience, HOW TO BE A VILLAIN will help you discover and develop your inner darkness.

~*~*~*~*~*~

This book is chalk full of laughs. There are many references to actual fictional villains. Some of them are really easy to spot and yet others I am still not really sure if they were references or if the author made them up on his own. However those little details are not at all important for readers of this book. This book has no plot. It has absolutely no point other than to entertain and make you laugh. I felt that this book was more of a filler between books that you are reading. You don't even really have to read this book in one sitting. a couple of reviews that I read mentioned how they read only a few minutes of this book at a time. There are so many pictures that the book is rather short.

If you are looking for a good laugh then this book is just what you need.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I would love. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Small Review -Your welcome. And thank you because I get the warm fuzzies when someone comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rebecca, I just wanted to let you know that I have your blog in my rss reader, and when I saw this book cover and title I had to check it out. Nice review, it looks like a really funny book. I especially like the Bwahahaha on the cover. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

    -James
    http://shortstoryaddict.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ shortstoryaddict -That is so sweet. Thank you for making my day. I am so blushing right now.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response