Background

Tuesday, November 2

The Valley of the Wolves~ Laura Gallego Garcia Review


Enjoyment: ☺☺☺

Plot: ☺☺☼

Characters: ☺☺☼

Setting: ☺☺☺

Overall: ☺☺☼

For nine years,
Dana has loved a boy
 only she can see.

His name is Kai. He has blond hair and an easy smile and a wicked sense of humor; he's her closest companion and confidant, the best and most trusted person she knows. Could he be a figment of her imagination?

Then the Maestro invites Dana to study sorcery at the great Tower in the Valley of the Wolves. The Maestro is mysterious, abrupt even frightening; still, Dana can's resist the chance to learn to summon rain and spin fire form her hands.

But soon the questions begin: Who is the women in the golden tunic who tells Dana to "look for the unicorn"? What is the relationship between Fenris--Dana's lone fellow student--and the wolves that swirl about the base of the Tower? And most important of all, what secrets does the Valley hold about Kai's nature, and about Dana's own destiny?

~*~*~*~*~*~

I am still not quite sure what happened in this book. In the beginning it starts out with Dana as a young girl. She has a best friend named Kai that she spends every waking moment with. After she is brought to study at the Tower in the Valley of the Wolves we see a few days of her life back to back.

Suddenly she is waking up and she is way older and she apparently likes to completely ignore Kai. You have no idea how this happens and I for one began to get lost here. Sadly after this point I find myself never able to catch up with the happenings of the book. It all goes by so fast and it does not really explain all that well for my liking. It is almost as if an entire book was supposed to be read from the time that she entered the tower to the time that she grew up and yet I was not in on the book change. I did not enjoy feeling that lost. But then again, how many people do you know who enjoys not having a clue as to what is going on?

From here I can not really say all that much since I have no clue what happened. All I do know is that it had something to do with a unicorn, a bunch a wolves, and Kai falling. I hope that who ever reads this book finds the clarity that I could not find within this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage feedback because it reminds me that I am not talking to myself. I don't mind if you comment on my post, recommend a book, or just want to say hello. You can even have a conversation with each other. All civil correspondence is welcomed.

Don't forget to check back for my response